Greetings

Please introduce yourself here, and share about your interest by microscopes, what instruments you have and what are you doing with them.
sami

Greetings

Post by sami »

I'm Sami. I don't know how many microscopes one needs to have a collection, but I'm sure I don't reach that threshold. I have a couple.
I do find them fascinating items and enjoy the microscopic world they allow us to view.

My latest acquisition is made by Ross and was owned by Francis Manley Sims, a 19th century London physician.
Here's a photo.
microscope3.jpg
microscope3.jpg (197.81 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
j.inacio
Site Admin

Re: Greetings

Post by j.inacio »

Hi Sami,
Thanks for registering! Not many people around here yet :-)
Nice that you also like microscopes. This instrument by Ross looks amazing. From about 1870, I would say.
Cheers
sami

Post by sami »

If you build it, they will come. Hopefully.
Impressive - the inscription on the microscope has the date July 1871 so you're right.
goshawklabel

Post by goshawklabel »

Hello Sami,

What an intriguing collection you have! Microscopes truly open up a whole new world, and it's fascinating that you enjoy exploring the microscopic realm.

Your latest acquisition, the Ross microscope with ties to Francis Manley Sims, adds a rich historical dimension to your collection. It must be incredible to own an instrument with such a significant connection to a 19th-century London physician. The craftsmanship of these older microscopes is often remarkable, showcasing both scientific and artistic elements.

If you ever feel inclined, sharing more about the features or unique aspects of your collection could be a delightful read for fellow enthusiasts. It's not always about the quantity; the stories and history behind each piece can make a small collection immensely valuable.

Thanks for sharing the photo and a glimpse into your fascinating world of microscopes. Looking forward to hearing more about your collection!

Best Regards